A little background on the Million Dollar Baby

A little background on the Million Dollar Baby.
The truck is a 1992 Kenworth B Model W-900. It has a 425 h.p. 3406 B-Model Caterpillar engine, a 15 speed deep-reduction transmission with 3:55 Eaton 402 rear ends. It has the V.I.T. Kenworth interior and the Aerodyne I style 60" walk in sleeper with double bunks. It had a 270 inch wheelbase before I cut it down, and I haven't measured it since.
It has approximately 1.5 million miles on it, and I drove it about 900,000 of those miles. I had an inframe rebuild done to the engine in 1999, and it's been running untouched ever since. (Same turbocharger since then too! Today's lesson is change the oil regularly!)
It's on the third clutch since new, and I put an Eaton reconditioned transmission in it at about 1.3 million miles. (It didn't need a clutch then, but I put one in it anyway since the transmission was out already.)

Friday, July 1, 2011

Hello!

Welcome to the Book of Days blog! You're probably wondering about the title. The Book of Days is the title to my Kindle book about trucking. Actually it's titled "The Book of Days, Trucking Stories from the Big Road." It's a book about my life trucking on where else but the big road? So, welcome to my blog! Drop me a line in the comments, if you like, introduce yourself if you like, and let's talk about truckin' or life in general.

1 comment:

  1. i was wondering do you know anything about flatbed trailer trucking? or did you just sit there looking pretty all the time?

    ReplyDelete